In fact, the specific day that you choose will impact all of the other aspects of planning your wedding from the vendors you select to the guest that attended the ceremony. While you should definitely choose a day that will be special and memorable to you as a couple, you should also take some practical considerations into account.
To select the best wedding day for your wedding, you’ll need to carefully weigh the pros and cons of each option. Here are some tips to help you choose a day of the week for your wedding.
Monday-Thursday (weekday weddings)
If you have your wedding day on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, these days are generally considered to be weekday weddings. Here you’ll find that a slightly different set of rules applies to weddings on these days.
- You’ll have better luck negotiating reduced rates with vendors because there aren’t likely to be as many jobs lined up for wedding vendors during the week.
- You may also be able to get better hotel and travel rates for your guests if you’re not in a location that people travel to frequently for business, as travel and hotel rates are generally lower on weekdays.
- With fewer guests in attendance (due to the ones that couldn’t make it because of work), you’ll able to lower your costs. Some venues even give discounts if your guest count is lower than the venue’s capacity.
- Better service is pretty much guaranteed because you’ll have management’s undivided attention as their single or one of their few guests for the day.
- Most people work during the daytime, 5 days a week, so you’re probably going to be limited to an evening wedding.
- Some guests may have to skip your wedding because they won’t be able to get the day off.
- Your wedding day will still feel like a work day for guests. They won’t be able to really enjoy themselves because they have to head home early and get to bed for work the next day.
- Some venues and services may not be available for weekday bookings.
- You’ll have to make a lot more compromises and do without things that you might have really wanted for your wedding day.
What better way to start the weekend off than with a Friday wedding day? Friday is actually starting to gain popularity as a day to get married due to the fact that it is the day before Saturday, the most popular day of the week to get married.
- In general, more wedding venues are willing to accept bookings on Fridays because most brides want Saturday weddings.
- Fridays tend to be a bit cheaper, like all weekdays for weddings. However, a Friday wedding probably won’t be as cheap as a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday wedding.
- You get to enjoy the rest of the weekend and the wedding won’t consume the guests entire day, like a Saturday or Sunday wedding would.
- Guests can still salvage part of the weekend to do other things if you wrap things up on Friday or Saturday.
- Same as the other weekdays when it comes to work schedules and venue availability.
Saturday is the most popular day to get married. If you choose Saturday for your wedding day, you should be aware of the fact that you’ll be facing some stiff competition from other couples for the same wedding vendors and venues.
- You’ll get the entire day to spend on preparing for and hosting your wedding ceremony.
- Most people don’t have to work so it’s easier for them to fit your wedding into their schedules.
- If guests have to travel to your wedding, they’ll have enough time to get there.
- Rates are the highest for wedding venues on this day since it is the day that most couples want to marry.
- Due to the higher volume, it can be more difficult to find accommodations if you don’t have months or years to plan before your wedding will take place.
- You’re guests may end up feeling like they spent their entire weekends at your wedding.
- Sunday is the perfect day if the Sunday falls on a three-day holiday weekend, giving guests a full day to return home.
- Sunday weddings are preferred if you want a traditional wedding in a church or after the Sabbath.
- Sunday weddings have the same drawbacks as Saturday weddings, given that Sunday is the second most popular day to get married.
- Your guests have to work the next day, which means that you’ll have to end your wedding reception early.
In addition to the day of the week, keep in mind that you’ll also need to consider other factors, such as the season, weather, and overall demand for wedding vendor services around the time that you want to get married.
By selecting the time of the year that you want to get married first and then narrowing it down to the day, you can plan your wedding so that you can avoid choosing a date that falls on a major holiday.
After all your wedding day should be a date that is special to you and not a day that no one will ever forget just because it was Valentine’s Day or New Year’s Eve.